We need classical Lutheran colleges. By God’s grace, Luther Classical College in Casper, WY, will be the first of many. We need to promote genuine Christian culture in our homes, communities, and churches. We need the next generation of Lutherans to be prepared to fight the good fight of faith in a country hostile to their faith, to find their pride in being Christ’s, to raise up another generation of Lutherans with Christian goals directed at congregational life, devotional piety at home, and promotion of virtue within their communities. The college years are critical for this. So Luther Classical College is asking for your support.
The Board of Regents would like to welcome congregations to become supporting congregations of the college, by committing to four years of support of $5,000, $10,000, or $20,000 a year (or a number that fits within their budget). With a hundred such supporting congregations, Luther Classical College will be able to break ground while keeping tuition costs low for our future students.
We also encourage individual or group contributions of any amount. The money given to support Luther Classical College will be an investment in our children’s future and the future of the Christian Church. Jesus tells us to make eternal friends for ourselves by means of unrighteous mammon (Luke 16:9). We on the Board of Regents are committed to doing just that. We ask you to join us according to your ability. God bless our endeavors for Jesus’ sake!
Become aSupporting Congregation
What is a supporting congregation?
- Supporting congregations are congregations in the LCMS who make Luther Classical College one of their congregation’s missions, committing to four years of support.
- Supporting congregations will receive regular newsletters, updating the congregation on the progress being made with the college.
- Four times a year, supporting congregations will receive ten issues of Christian Culture: A Magazine for Lutherans, the journal of Luther Classical College.
- Supporting congregations will be investing in the future of our children, our congregations, and the health of our synod.
- Conservative Lutherans have been asking for a classical Lutheran college for decades. And though classical colleges have popped up all around the country and have been very successful, not one has been Lutheran.
- As American culture continues to slide, we need a college that purposefully emphasizes and instills Christian culture throughout its curriculum.
- Given the political climate in our country, we need a college that does not depend on federal funds and which is still affordable for our youth.
- Luther Classical College exists to educate young men and women for congregational life, so that they graduate eager to support their local congregations and raise their families in the church.
- We believe direct congregational support and involvement will help keep the college Lutheran and focused on its goal, which is to strengthen our congregations with committed Lutheran families.
How much does LCC need to raise?
- Luther Classical College does not want to go into burdensome debt, since a college’s debt will only be handed down to students in higher tuition. Our goal of $5,000,000 given or pledged before construction of our main building is both practical and reachable with congregational and individual support!
How much does a supporting congregation give?
- Most supporting congregations are giving $5,000 a year to support Luther Classical College. Some give more, some less according to their ability and circumstance. We welcome and are thankful for any amount that fits within a congregation’s budget!
Why four years of support?
- Pledging four years of support will help the congregation see and be involved in the college’s growth in these first exciting years.
- Pledging four years of support gives the college the ability to set its budget more firmly and go forward with the building needed before classes can start.
Why Casper, WY?
- Casper, WY is an ideal place for the first Lutheran classical college. Besides having two thriving and growing, faithful and conservative LCMS congregations, it has an excellent classical Lutheran grade school and high school. This congregational environment will help keep the college grounded in what is important – family and congregational life.
- The Wyoming District of the LCMS has many classical schools and is extremely supportive of this endeavor.
- Casper, neither too big nor too small (about 65,000), has all the amenities a college needs.
- Mount Hope Lutheran Church has 11 acres perfect for a small college campus.
- Casper College offers classes in the trades that many of our students will take advantage of after completion of the A.A. at Luther Classical College.
What is LCC's connection with the LCMS?
- Our Board of Regents is made up of all LCMS members, we are sponsored by LCMS congregations, we were incorporated by an LCMS church, our campus is being built on the campus of an LCMS congregation, and our professors will all be LCMS Lutherans.
- We have the full support of the Wyoming District of the LCMS, are under the ecclesiastical supervision of its District President, and are working in collaboration with LCMS RSOs like Wittenberg Academy and CCLE.
Download theCongregation Pledge Form
Give by Check
Please mail donations to:
Luther Classical College
2300 Hickory St.
Casper, WY 82604
We are happy to announce we’ve received our 501(c)(3) status from the IRS. All donations made to Luther Classical College are now tax deductible. All donors will receive a year-end tax statement acknowledging contributions. Thank you for your support!
Click the button to donate to Luther Classical College online through Better World (external link):